Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pita Bite the story of a shwarma

Since its a beautiful rainy day, it seemed like a natural opportunity for me to take a hop on out into the great outdoors, and explore some food cart options. So, there are lots of food carts in Vancouver; mostly in the area of Robson Square. And as luck would have it, I picked a day where my options were limited to four different pita carts. Awesome.


And so, perhaps feeling a bit adventurous, I selected the one cart across the street, on Robson and Hornby. Having no line ups, it felt like a natural choice. Initially I was greeted with a friendly Lebanese fellow. I ordered my chicken shwarma and waited.

On inspection, I noticed the food cart was impeccably clean, and that the food was visible from the front of the cart an kept covered. This is appealing to me, as I can see the quality of the food I'm about to eat.



So how does it stack up to other pitas? Well it was pretty average. There isn't really anything negative I could say about it, and I think the quality was quite good for street food. 

Now the one thing I have to mention is that there was a small piece of bone in the chicken. I'm not sure what the frequency of bone occurrences is, but its something I have to mention, if, for no other reason, out of honesty. I would definitely give it a second chance as the price and quality was alright.



And of course, there is the lingering curiosity of whether my experience was the norm, or just a careless and slow rainy day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
blogger widget